Friday 23 July 2010

Tap dancing and Tombolo



You know when the summer festivities are about to begin when the palcoscenico (temporary stage) goes up in front of the Collegiata (very impressive church on one side of the main piazza). And this morning workman were putting the finishing touches to it. There is a song and dance performance this evening by the kids of the middle school - Glee comes to San Ginesio. The second sign is that the Tombola shop opens for business. I had to take a photo through the glass but basically this is run like a charity shop in an empty premise, for which I assume there is no charge. All the items are new and donated. It's run on behalf of church charities and every ticket wins something. Ask my nieces, it is addictive, we can't walk past without the urge to try our luck.
Yesterday in Sarnano I bought some slug pellets and when the guy explained how to use them I thought he must be wrong as it's the opposite effect to the ones I use in London ie it attracts them, rather than repels them and what do you know - he was right. So I now have the welcome task of clearing up a slug massacre. Delightful. Believe me you do not want a photo to accompany this.

No comments:

Post a Comment