Sunday 25 July 2010

Sunday Treat



For many people this would appear to be their daily breakfast but I treat myself to a pastry on a Sunday morning as I watch the market trade go by. The choice is filled with confectioner's custard, with jam or plain. I have brought my skipping rope with me so extra skipping tonight! Actually my family arrives today which means plenty of tennis as they all play and as San Ginesio hosts a summer tennis school, the town is well served for courts. They are down by the city walls and I have never seen a more spectacular setting for a tennis game. I then bought lunch at the local mini-mart. The deli counter has a great selection of cold meats and cheese and the staff are just lovely. So my brother, sister-in-law and nieces should be here around 3pm - can't wait to see them. And I know that my mother is catching up on the blog at my other brother's this morning - so hello mum. Is this the blog equivalent to those people who stand in the background when the TV cameras are interviewing outdoors, mouthing "hello mum"? Probably. I have just seen my ex neighbour on the way back from the shops and he was surprised that the owner of the house hasn't been round to tidy the garden. Let's hope he comes when we are in Venice and then I don't have to explain where his trees have gone. Not that he'll care (hopefully).

2 comments:

  1. Hello, i just caught up with your blog posts- sounds like you're having fun! Saw Ronnie's (as Arps calls them) last night and they were all excited to get there. Just printed off all the blog posts for Gran so that she can read them again at home, but she definitely seems to be getting the hang of my dad's mac! Angeli xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we should buy granny a mac and then we can skype conference call. If it's anything like when we all try and get up and leave somewhere, it should be hilarious. x

    ReplyDelete