Sunday 18 July 2010

Mad dogs and English men



The third assault on next door's garden began today and this time the fence came down. It was very hard work and David and Lynne worked like troupers in the midday sun. The fence was ugly green netting tied to metal posts that was put up by the last tenant as he had a dog. The dog made our lives a misery for over a year as he was ignored, lived in the garden in all weathers, never taken for a walk, had gone mad and barked all night. And the final humiliation for the dog is that they have given him a summer haircut with a stupid poodle tail. Anyway I was promised that the fence was temporary and would be removed when they left but it wasn't. I've since seen the guy who lived next door as they now live 1 minute away (who is a very nice man by the way) and asked nicely (twice) for him to take it down so I just got tired of waiting and my inner garden warrior got the better of me. Next step will be to put some trellising up and grow some oleander to hide our view of next door's back door. Alternatively someone reading this blog could come and buy the house next door. And if you do I promise I will curtail my mania for chopping things down.

1 comment:

  1. OMG what happened to this dog? Or is it a sheep turned werewolf?

    ReplyDelete