Wednesday 28 July 2010

Sandals and San Marco


I have decided that it is pointless actually trying to find anything in Venice. It's too frustrating as you end up wandering around alleyways and repeating the phrase "I sure it's just down here". Much better to stumble on things in a random way and enjoy the moment as you won't find it a second time. The greatest fortune this morning was to stumble upon an outlet shoe shop. Now I realise that you are expecting photos of San Marco and picturesque waterways with Gondoliers. But the thing of beauty from today are my new shoes. And when I saw they were Marc Jacobs I loved them even more. I know this makes me rather shallow but in the purchase of shoes I suggest this is a strength and should be encouraged in young children as it will set them on the path to a happy future. I had booked a table at a very hard to get into and notoriously hard to find restaurant for dinner tonight. So we thought we'd track it down this morning to avoid being very late due to walking in circles tonight. And when we did find it we still walked up and down the road 3 times to confirm that yes it was actually closed for renovation and yes there were several men digging up the floor. So why did they reply to my email confirming the booking and asking for a phone number? Because I had booked a table for August 28th that's why. Clearly a month of not working has turned my brain to putty.

No comments:

Post a Comment