Tuesday 6 July 2010

Operation Terrazzo


Went to the piazza for a coffee this morning and started chatting to the man at the next table. Well he chatted and I replied in shockingly bad Italian. 4 weeks out of the classroom and it shows! He told me there are 5 excellent universities in this area. Macerata, the closest, is famous (round here anyway) for Law and Ascoli Piceno for Agriculture. So teenagers often study locally and live at home with their parents. He said lots of other things too but only he knows what he said.
Then I spent a sweaty, but happy afternoon cleaning the terrace slabs, washing the huge plastic sheets I wrap the garden furniture in and generally tidying up. When Fabrizia's father laid the lawn he must have cut some branches off the apricot tree and chopped them into logs for the wood burner and stacked them on the patio with bundles of kindling and pine cones on top. So I filled up the wood store by the kitchen door and put some of the really dry logs from last year under the wood burner. It's clouded over, am typing this in the garden, will show you my blogging spot in a moment. Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment