Wednesday 21 July 2010

Rain and Radio 4

Very little to report today. It has been threatening to rain for a couple of days and it finally arrived this afternoon. I was woken from my afternoon snooze by the thunder. So confined to barracks I listened to Tim Robbins Desert Island Discs. His choice of music was pretty dull and his book was a matchbook. Ha Ha Tim, I can see what you've done there. And apart from a post rain walk, reading and doing the ironing that's been my day. Ironing duvet covers is on my list of things I find a pain, along with drying my hair and putting petrol in the car. All the garages here seem to have people who fill the tank and clean your windscreen too. My hire car had run out of water for the windscreen - I call it "skwishey" and have no idea what it should be called. Nor do I much care to be honest, I can live in ignorance. And the guy sorted that too and wouldn't take a tip for it. Marvellous country.

No comments:

Post a Comment