Thursday 22 July 2010

Microwaves and Mafaldine


In London, although I try to avoid it, inevitably I end up slinging food into the microwave. Here there is no option but to cook fresh food every day and I am always reminded just how quick and easy it is. By the time I arrived home I was hungry but as there was no M&S chilled meal to hand I fried chopped onion with garlic and then added fresh tomatoes. If I had had fresh herbs I would have added those too. And then served it on Mafaldine, pasta strips that look as if they have been cut with Pinking shears. Sprinkle of parmesan to finish it off and it took 10 minutes from beginning to end. Delicious.

6 comments:

  1. All that needed was some fried pig cheek. Yum !
    Guanchale in local speak

    ReplyDelete
  2. See now I've worked out how to leave comments I can't stop. You better work out how to delete comments. It's my version of Twitter as Twitter is a waste of time. This however is a very constructive way to spend my day...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Testing Testing from Indra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seems to work. Anyone can leave a comment.
    Still complicated though. You have to choose from the drop down menu - it's not obvious that name/URL is the one to choose and "anonymous" sounds weird.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well you can always sign off with your name

    ReplyDelete