Monday 2 August 2010

Pedalos and Pruning


We vetoed the pool this morning and decided to drive to the lake at Fiastra which is in the Monti Sibillini National Park. It's the Sibillini mountain range that you can see from the house. Lucy, who was on holiday here last year, recommended the pedalos on the lake and they were great fun except for wearing a rather smelly life jacket. The water is a fantastic greeny-blue and our paddle, later in the morning, turned into a swim but as the land shelves very quickly and drops away we stayed at the edges because Auntie Maya was the adult in charge (?) and decided that swimming after nieces in trouble was not going to be on the agenda. And then we had a stone skimming competition where 2 skips was the winning throw so that says a lot about how good we were. We are now back at the house and my brother has just been chopping branches off the apricot tree while I shouted instructions out of the sitting room window - I do like to help. It's completely the wrong time of year for pruning so let's hope we (he) hasn't killed it.
I ordered a plastic bead curtain for the kitchen door so that I can cook with the door open and avoid moths flying in. I can cope with a lot of insects but big moths have me running out of the room with a tea towel on my head. Claudio the carpenter who worked on the house renovation, is coming tomorrow morning to advise me on what, if anything, I need to do to treat the window frames and he said he'll put hooks above the kitchen door to hang the curtain on. It was made to measure but who would think a plastic bead curtain could cost 65 euros. I suspect if I had known I would have resorted to the tea towel manoeuvre
instead.

1 comment:

  1. You've gone blog mad !! But good to read about all the adventures and pig's cheeks. X

    ReplyDelete