Monday 16 August 2010

Pattern Market

Yesterday I walked along the Regent's Canal, which is very near my flat, and visited a new market that is billed as "vintage", a term that really irritates me. Whatever happened to "second-hand"? Anyway I was going to take some photos to post but I was shaking so much laughing at the prices that I couldn't operate the camera. £140 for a simple 1950s cotton dress. And the sad thing is that some idiot will pay that. I remember with much fondness the jumble sales of my youth and the thrill of buying a new outfit at pocket money prices. Until I find a new job I am on an austerity drive. The flat screen TV can wait. To be quite frank, if something still works - like the TV or my laptop - I don't see much urgency in replacing it. I do love clothes though, especially winter clothes, so I am keeping a wide berth of the shops.

No comments:

Post a Comment