Tuesday 3 August 2010

Insect free zone


Claudio came this morning to drill holes into the stone above the kitchen door for the hooks so we could put the curtain up. He also sealed the skirting board in the kitchen where the scorpions get in. My brother seems to think that people will feel short changed by the photo of the day being of a plastic bead curtain. But it's a 65 euro bead curtain I cry. Actually it's a revelation. I made mushroom and artichoke risotto tonight and I didn't faint with the heat from the cooker or have to flee from moths with a tea towel head-dress because the back door was wide open and festooned with aforementioned curtain to keep me in an insect free zone. Talking about revelations, brother and I were victorious in the tennis for the second day running. Lisa, the local tennis coach, was at the courts and told me that the tennis school has been taken over by an outside company and now runs for 6 weeks in July and August. She also said, without a hint of irony, that she had watched our game yesterday and today and really been entertained.
The rest of the day was occupied with a trip to Macerata, the main town in this area. And then we did precisely nothing this afternoon. It's now gone midnight and there is a strange banging noise outside. I think the local teenagers have discovered the medieval barbecue area that has been set up near the house and they have gone into over drive with excitement.

No comments:

Post a Comment